Thursday, December 15, 2011

What are the parameters for downloading financial information from yahoo finance?

i am trying to get balance sheet , income statement and other stats in an excel macro and automatically put on a spreadsheet|||I have a free open-source add-in that can get a lot of different information off of the web for you. The add-in, documentation, and sample templates can all be found in the files area of this Yahoo group:





http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/sm鈥?/a>





I wrote the add-in because of issues I ran into using Web Queries, although in most cases they will probably get you what you want. A more comprehensive source of financial statements data can be found from AdvFN -- there is also a template for that in the files area. I also use a PHP routine to gather 10 years (or 20 quarters) of the financial statements data from AdvFN. For example (these can be opened directly into EXCEL):





http://ogres-crypt.com/php/advfn-financi鈥?/a>


http://ogres-crypt.com/php/advfn-financi鈥?/a>|||If you copy one company's balance sheet/income statement/etc. into Excel, and create a refreshable web query (I believe thats the technical term), you can just "edit query" and type in the new ticker, which should get you the new data. I don't know how to write macros, so thats how I import data for valuation purposes...


Should you want to reach me for any reason, my email is research@valuestockreports.com


Hope this helps get you started.

No comments:

Post a Comment