Thursday, December 8, 2011

What can I do if I was given the wrong financial information?

I went to my financial aid office before summer term and I was told I qualified for loans by the employee there. I chose not to get one for the term, asked if intead I could apply for one for fall and said, sure. Now I go back and the financial aid office now says no. All of my grades are the same, my credit score is good and I'm still going for the same amount of credits. I'm just completely furious that they would give me misinformation. I'd file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau but I know that it wouldn't help. What can I do?|||some requirement in your eligibility has changed.. At anytime your aid can be revoked are changed if something changes with your qualifications...








Oh and plus, you saw for summer.. Summer is the end of that school year..





and Spring


is in next school years





school year goes





autumn, winter, spring, and summer is optional


so if you went before the summer, you qualified for that school year


but not the next|||Nothing if it is not in writing. A VA agent lied to me the same way, and I came close to shooting him. Very close.|||You can ask for an appointment with the school comptroller and tell them your story. Maybe they can help out.|||You can ask for an explanation of why you were denied. It鈥檚 your right!|||If you're a woman of color, there are other financial programs available to you. Go back and speak to the department that handles minority affairs.|||See if you are good enough to sue the school, if not, you just can not do anything about it.|||Whenever you are dealing with a bureaucracy, every employee has a supervisor. Go back to the financial aid office and ask to speak to the manager. Tell the manager about your situation. If you are not satisfied with the result, ask to speak to his/her supervisor, and so on. Go all the way up the chain of command until you reach the president of the college, if necessary.





Many of the so-called rules that govern financial aid are actually policies set by the college and not by the federal government. The manager of financial aid may be able to make an exception for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment