Thursday, December 8, 2011

Where can I find financial information on small private businesses?

I am looking to start a home health business and I wanted to get some metrics on our competitors. Do you know of a way I can view their financial documents or statistics?|||I think TRW has financial ratios on many private business sectors. But, it will cost you. You have to purchase or subscribe to their services.





Good luck.|||If you're a member of your local library, I'd go on the web and using my library card, I'd search their data base for ReferenceUSA. You're able to get a list of business by NAICS code (SIC Codes) in a certain geographical area. You'll get a list of their names and some other information on them. Typically private companies do not have to report their earnings and revenues so there will be a limit to the information you can get.





Try also a local Commercial Real Estate Pro who might have some assorted information.|||Sometimes this information is available from the credit reporting agencies, though you will need a legitimate reason to request the information, and permission from the companies.





It is probably easier to simply go and talk to them about the business. If you tell them that you respect their company and are impressed by how they operate then they will tell you allot of what you are wanting to know over lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment