Sunday, December 4, 2011

Do I have to enter my Financial Information on the FAFSA, if my parents enter theirs?

Right now I am working at a full-time job. When I start school i will not be working far as much as I am now (nor as much as I was on last years tax return). If my parents fill out their financial information on the FAFSA, do I have to enter my financial information since it will substantially change? How do I indicate that I will barely be making money while in college when last years tax return says otherwise?|||You must enter all of your information on the FAFSA as of the day you fill it out. So, if you are working today at a high wage then you must include that in the FAFSA. However, you can delay filling out the FAFSA until you no longer have a job.|||Yes, you have to enter your income information on the fafsa even if your parents enter theirs.


FAFSA calculates your fin aid based on the "yearly" total of money you make, not by how much you make when you are in school vs when you are not. (This info is taken off your tax forms and your W2 forms, which is yearly info). What time of the year you work makes no difference to them. Everyone's fafsa goes by last years income. If you really need the money, don't stop working.

No comments:

Post a Comment