Sunday, December 4, 2011

Would someone help me with this financial aid information?

Since I'm under the age of 26, won't I need my grandmother's financial information (since I'll be living with her) to apply for financial aid? Or would I need my step-father's financial information because I lived with him previously?|||You need to be under 24, not 26.


You have to use the financial information of the parent who has given you the most support. It doesn't matter who has lived with you. You cannot use your grandmother's information as she is not a parent (adoptive or real) and if she is/was your legal guardian you cannot use her.


If none of this applies, then you need to contact the school and ask them.|||If you are under the age of 24, not married, and have no children than you need to use your guardians information. Since you didn't mention your actual parents (mom and dad not step-dad) than if something happened to them than you may be considered an independent. Go talk to the financial aid counselor at the local school and explain everything to them and they will be able to help you out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment